Training with rescue squad Castricum
Tonight Arjan and Robin did a training with the resque squad from Castricum aan Zee. We got a lot of good advice from the lifeguards and we checked out the best way to transport a boat during a rescue.
Also the lifeguards had a chance to sit in the back of the V10 double and experience the "surfski". A great evening and we made some new friends!
For the complete story of the night, check Arjan's Facebook
Tips for paddling:
- Check your equipment,(rudder, cables, paddle etc.)
- Wear a lifejacket
- Take a phone/marifoon with you
- Were something orange or other bright colour
- Make sure you got atleast 1 flare, (two is better, one for attention and second one when the rescue is in sight)
- In case you lose your boat, put a phonenumber on your boat.
- Go on the water with a buddy
- Only go on the water if you think it is safe for yourself and you don't bring others in danger
Posted on July 25, 2014 by Robin